Requirements for Marriage Registration in Ukraine
Marriage applications are processed by local bodies of the State Registration Service of Ukraine.
Foreigners are required to provide the following documents:
- passport (the original and a copy with a certified translation into Ukrainian);
- a divorce decree, court judgment on marriage annulment or spouse's death certificate (these documents must be presented only by those previously married).
Documents should be legalized (or apostilled if a country of a foreigner’s nationality is a party to the 1961 Hague Convention) and translated into Ukrainian.
Detailed information on the processing of marriage applications can be found at the State Registration Service of Ukraine website.
|Address:||78 Kensington Park Road London W11 2PL. View on map|
|Phone:||+44 (0) 20 7243 8923. Hotline for emergencies as regards Ukraine’s nationals: +44(0)75 5348 3628 (24/7)|
|Fax:||00 44 207 727 35 67|
Mon: 10:00 am to 1.00 pm (new applications will be accepted until 12.30 pm only)
Tue: 10:00 am to 1.00 pm (new applications will be accepted until 12.30 pm only)
Wed: 1 pm to 4:30 pm (new applications will be accepted until 4 pm only)
Thu: 10:00 am to 1.00 pm (new applications will be accepted until 12.30 pm only)
Fri: 10:00 am to 11.30 am (only applications of pregnant women, families with
minors, disabled people will be accepted)
Fri: 11:30 am to 1.00 pm – all other applications (new applications will be accepted until 12.30 pm only)
The list of Ukrainian National Holidays in 2018:
· January 1 - New Year's Day
· January 7 - Orthodox Christmas (The Consular Office will not operate on January 8)*
· March 8 - Women’s Day (The Consular Office will not operate on March 9)*
· April 8 - Easter (The Consular Office will not operate on April 9)*
· May 1 - Labor Day (The Consular Office will not operate on April 30)*
· May 9 - Victory Day
· May 28 - Trinity Day
· June 28 - Constitution Day (The Consular Office will not operate on June 29)*
· August 24 - Ukrainian Independence Day
· October 14 - Defender of Ukraine Day (The Consular Office will not operate on October 15)*
· December 25 - Christmas
Please, note that we are closed on Ukraine's holidays as well as on bank holidays in the UK
|Chief:||Mr Andrii Kuslii
Consul - head of mission
|Address:||8 Windsor Street, Edinburgh, EH7 5JR. Citizen's reception hours on consular and legal issues: Monday, Wednesday, Friday:09:00-12:45; Tuesday:14:00-17:45; Thursday:09:00-11:00. View on map|
|Phone:||0044 131 556 00 23|
|Fax:||0044 131 557 34 60|
Reception of citizens of Ukraine, foreign nationals and stateless persons:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 09:00 -12: 45
Tuesday: 14:00 - 17:45
Thursday: 09:00 - 11:00
for certain categories of citizens (disabled people, pregnant women, seriously ill nationals)
Reception of citizens by the head of mission will be held on the first Tuesday of each month from 09.30 to 12.00.
On weekends and holidays Ukrainians will be accepted in case of an emergency, loss of passport documents, accident, death, arrest, etc.
Emergency phone (strictly for Ukrainian nationals in life-threatening situations in Scotland & Northern Ireland Region): +44 7423290618.
|Boundaries of the consular district:||
Scotland and Northern Ireland
One should pay consular fees by cards: VISA DELTA, VISA ELECTRON, UK MAESTRO DEBIT, MASTERCARD DEBIT
Social media use:
Consulate of Ukraine facebook page - http://on.fb.me/1FvvtkH
Consulate of Ukraine Twitter account - https://twitter.com/UKRinEdinburgh
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Social Media Accounts - http://mfa.gov.ua/en/page/open/id/4601